I'm on day three of researching the ins and outs of becoming a firefighter. Broadcast journalism was recently described as "a collapsing ponzi scheme" to me from a major network producer. As such, I'm thinking more and more about fighting fires. Where fire fighting is very structured and has clear cut roles and duties, the floundering television markets are almost completely devoid of structure. So, it seems like a pretty decent line of work. Also, the "magical pension" given to career firefighters isn't something to sneeze at. The pensions for cops and ff's will be some of the last to dissapear in this country, and as concerned I am about the fall of civilization, I wouldn't mind something as concrete as that pension.
As for last nights Steelers-Broncos monday night game...ugh. The Donkeys are back and look lost out there. What happened to the undefeatable Broncos that were taking care of it while we were in Europe? Orton threw some picks last night, including one returned for a touchdown. Knowshon Moreno isn't getting as many yards as he should, based on the talent of our O-line and the skills he was drafted for posessing. Champ got burned by Santonio Holmes a couple times and our linebackers were having tackling issues in the second half. Losing to the Steelers is understandable, but the Chargers beat the Giants to gain another game in the division. Not looking good for Denver.
I was on my honeymoon in Europe while the Broncos went undefeated, but as soon as I got back to the states, the Broncos dropped two in a row, starting with the Ravens. A friend suggested I go back to Europe so the Broncos can get back to winning. I would if I could afford it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment